About Jim Harmer
I’m Jim. I wake up every morning, hug my wife and two little boys, teach a Bible study class to a bunch of teenagers, and then I go to my home office and get ready for work.
I come to my office for one reason–to make money for my family by blogging. When I walk in the door at 8:30AM, I sit down and ask myself one question: “How can I be surprisingly helpful to the readers of my blog?” Then, I spend the day making video tutorials, writing blog posts, or doing whatever project would help my audience to learn. I earn my living by selling online video courses, affiliate marketing, and selling eBooks through my blog.
Millions of people from around the world have read my articles, and over 450,000 of them follow me on social media. That’s my job, and I feel blessed to have it.
It wasn’t always this way. In 2009, I dragged my wife and one-month-old son across the country to Florida where I attended law school. When we arrived, we had no money for food or an apartment. We lived in a hotel for two weeks and ate cold fish sticks since there was no microwave in our room. We had nothing, but we managed to be happy while I worked nights at the dollar store before law school started.
I was determined to provide better for my family, so I started a blog about photography after listening to Pat Flynn’s podcast when it was only a few weeks old. First it was tens of people visiting my site, then hundreds, thousands, and now millions!
Fast forward three years and my business now earns hundreds of thousands of dollars in net profit each year.
I’m not a business genius or a marketing guru. I’m a guy who was willing to work hard, learn everything I could about internet marketing, and set aside the fears that almost kept me from creating my blog. I made plenty of mistakes along the way and learned most things the hard way. If you are smart about it, and you work hard on your site, you can earn a living by blogging–and I’ll show you how.
If you really want to get to know me, click the button below for a 30-minute podcast episode with my wife and I where we share how we got started with a blog, built an audience, and now earn a living online.
10 Things to Know About Jim Harmer
- I hold a world record in tiddlywinking. No, not kidding.
- I ran a marathon with my wife in September 2013. I’m running two half-marathons and another full marathon in 2014.
- I’m a very passionate photographer and have become well known in that arena for my blog, ImprovePhotography.com. Check out my photos here.
- I have a “mild” obsession with the show Shark Tank and got a call from ABC to be on the show, but I got cut on the last stage of try-outs.
- My beautiful wife, Emily, works with me as my secretary. I couldn’t run my business without her.
- I have a bucket list of 50 things to do before I die. Check it out here.
- I’m a lawyer, but I don’t practice law because I love blogging too much.
- Sometimes when I’m traveling in other cities, people recognize me from reading my blog. It’s totally fun.
- I’m an archery fanatic. I go to the range and practice about twice a week.
- I’m tired of talking about me. Let’s get started on YOUR blog.
About Ricky Kesler
I’m a husband and father to three terrific kids. Unlike Jim, my day job takes me out of the home. I spend my days working as a project manager for agile software development. I get up every day because of my wonderful family and excitement for life, but I go to work every day to earn a paycheck. But like many of you, my goal is for that to change.
I have a passion for business. I graduated from the University of North Carolina with an MBA concentrating in Strategy and Entrepreneurship. I have a knack for details and can get lost in the numbers, but my real passion is for strategy. I keep my hands in several pots, working toward the goal of complete flexibility and financial freedom.
If there is one thing I have learned by blogging, it’s that it doesn’t take an MBA to build a successful niche site. You don’t need an advanced degree to build your income. What it does take is hard, deliberate work. Put 100% of yourself into what you do, and focus your efforts on the things that matter most, and you can be successful—whatever that means to you.
10 Things to Know about Ricky Kesler
- I have known Jim since we started high school and now, years later, it’s exciting to be working together on this project.
- I actually graduated from college with a degree in Chemical Engineering and worked in that profession for about 3 years.
- I had a very short-lived modeling career, the result of which you can see in the photo above.
- Throughout my entire freshman year of college, Jim’s brother and I went rock climbing outdoors in a nearby canyon at least once per week. I went to college in northern Utah so for several months we were climbing on frozen rock.
- I have a fantastic and extremely supportive family that is far more than I deserve.
- I have started numerous small businesses, most of which were locally-based, in areas from paintball to apparel and now websites.
- I’m a huge nerd and actually like math.
- I have become an avid reader and am usually in the middle of at least 5 books at any given time. Most of those books are non-fiction. I know, boring right? Well, I actually love learning new things and improving myself so I truly enjoy it.
- My wife is about as big a nerd as I am which makes our lives SO FUN!
- I really want to help you build a successful business, so let’s get going!
Enough about us. Let’s get your website started
Jim created a very in-depth and detailed tutorial that will walk you EXACTLY through the steps I take to start and run my blog businesses. Most internet marketing gurus only give out this kind of detailed information if you pay for a video course, but I want to make sure you get your site started for as little money as possible, so I made it all free. Click the “Get Started” button below to access it.
Contact Us and Word Directly With Us
Unfortunately, we have far too many thousands of people visiting this site to answer questions from everyone individually. However, if you’d like to work with me (Jim) and Ricky directly, we have a product called Niche Site School. It’s really inexpensive, and it gives you the chance to bounce your ideas for a niche site off of us, email us unlimited questions any time you’re wondering about something or need help, and we have a video for you almost every day for 60 days to help you create your site and make it awesome. This is the exact system we have used to earn millions of dollars in income from our blogs. Check it out here if you’d like to work with us directly.